• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Possible Eagle sp near Bryncrug, nr Tywyn (1 Viewer)

Hey all

Interesting records of Golden in Wales Mike from EBBW. Any more details on them?

Great link there Dan... Worth following up to see if any members have lost birds recently.

Guess the Stithians bird may be linked... But what age was it Dan?

By the way the Isle of Wight bird cannot be the same for 2 reasons. It was photographed on the 15th and is a 3rd cycle or older ( not juvenile as stated earlier on the thread) whereas the Tywn bird appears to be a 2nd cycle.

Sean

Last edited:
There were two records that I know of recently.One of a Goldie in the Garw valley,South Wales in 2008 and another in a remote valley in Mid Wales last year.

Hi Mike,
Don't forget the first Gwent record, on 24-Mar-1985, when if I remember correctly an immature was seen over the Blorenge.

Cheers

Hi Mike,
Don't forget the first Gwent record, on 24-Mar-1985, when if I remember correctly an immature was seen over the Blorenge.

Cheers

Blimey thats going back a bit Mal!
I do remember though and am on the Blorenge in the morning.
I wonder...........;).

Hey Dan

Ta for the link to the Stithians bird.

Had been trying to find that for a while.

Think I owe you a tank of petrol and a good days birding... May save it for later on the spring or autumn:)

Seems now from threads we have 6 records of subadult 'wild' Golden Eagle in England and Wales in the past 2 years and 2 positive escapes ...what is going on?

Is/Are they wandering from the Irish reintroduction program...only one of which according
has wandered away from Ireland to Cairngorm. Moreover, all birds released are fitted with tracking devices, so unless they have stopped working on some seems unlikely.

Or is it a secret Welsh reintro program?

US Vagrant?

Scandinavian vagrant?

Or a collosal loss of money to several falconer?

Who knows... but all very intriguing. :)

Sean
to their official website has wandered outside Ireland to Cairngorm. As they are all satellite-tagged

Dysynni valley birds

Hi there the Hawfinches were at Llanelltyd Churchyard near Dollgellau. Birds were feeding and calling in the Churchyard and surrounding gardens.

Sean

Thanks for that, thought for a moment there might be some hawfinches in the Dysynni valley too. Had heard about the ones near Dolgellau, but never gone for them, will have a look at Easter provided I don't get distracted by large raptors again.

I understand that the bird may have been seen again, and photographed further south in Wales after Mike's original sighting.

Can anyone confirm - and are there more photos?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back