• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you buy a good roof prism for $200.00 or are you jerking our diopter Frank? (1 Viewer)

Black Crow,

Take the seller up on his invitation to ask some questions. This is a remarkable price!

I don't know if these will give you your orgasm but if my experience with my 10 x 32 EDG which I have owned for a year and a half means anything, the only 8 x 32 you will get as good as these at the price offered will be a Nikon 8 x 32 SE. My 10 x 32 EDG gives my 10 x 42 SE a run for the money!

Bob

Sounds good but I'm not going to. Since November I've spent $1367.00 on optics. :eat: Nine pair of bins and one spotting scope with tripod. I'm very content with my 8x32 Sightrons and I've barely gotten to know my other bins. I'm sure someone else here will jump on them if they are that good of a deal. Down the road, who knows?

Sounds good but I'm not going to. Since November I've spent $1367.00 on optics. :eat: Nine pair of bins and one spotting scope with tripod. I'm very content with my 8x32 Sightrons and I've barely gotten to know my other bins. I'm sure someone else here will jump on them if they are that good of a deal. Down the road, who knows?

Like Ceasar says take a chance. If you don't like them(doubtful) you can always resell them on E-bay for a profit.

Black Crow,

Take the seller up on his invitation to ask some questions. This is a remarkable price!

I don't know if these will give you your orgasm but if my experience with my 10 x 32 EDG which I have owned for a year and a half means anything, the only 8 x 32 you will get as good as these at the price offered will be a Nikon 8 x 32 SE. My 10 x 32 EDG gives my 10 x 42 SE a run for the money!

Bob

What you are saying is the EDG is probably the best roof in the world because we know without a doubt the 10x42 SE is the best 10x porro right. If it it close to the SE in your eyes that is saying ALOT!

What you are saying is the EDG is probably the best roof in the world because we know without a doubt the 10x42 SE is the best 10x porro right. If it it close to the SE in your eyes that is saying ALOT!

And if anyone is even taking a moment to compare a "CPOS" $180 bino with the EDG, that says even more about the sub-$200 bino.

Bickering which $1800 bino is best is one thing, but a bino that costs 1/10th even being in the conversation is mightily impressive.

And if anyone is even taking a moment to compare a "CPOS" $180 bino with the EDG, that says even more about the sub-$200 bino.

Bickering which $1800 bino is best is one thing, but a bino that costs 1/10th even being in the conversation is mightily impressive.

Agreed. The Sightron is an awesome bargain and the optics are amazing for the price. Best I have ever seen for the money. Frank is right on these.

I generally join/lurk on forums to research a potential purchase. My experience - be it electronics or speakers or whatever - is that you need to take time to get to "know" the regulars. You must decide for yourself who's opinions/statements are worth taking seriously and which to take with a grain of salt. I am interested in the EDG - albeit the 8x42's and have decided to wait and see what Zeiss comes out with in March. My take away from Dennis' posts are the comments on the "balance" of the EDG. A couple of weeks back, I tried FL's, SV's and EDG 1 all in 8x42. The EDG 1 felt the best to me - unfortunately, I do not have a place close that has the EDG 2. So....at FWIW, an unsolicited comment about the balance has merit for me. Just my 2 cents on a contentious thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back