• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mistle or Song Thrush? (2 Viewers)

Mistle or song thrush?

Can sum one id this for me I have it as a mistle thrush but now I’m not so shore photo taken in hide park London

1 and 2 is from googl images, 3 is mine from hide park london

hugh

Attachments

• 1 song-thrush.jpg
    1 song-thrush.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 915
  • 2 MistleThrush.jpg
    2 MistleThrush.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 254
  • 3 DSC_0043.jpg
    3 DSC_0043.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 242
1 is a song, 3 is a mistle, not too sure on the 2nd though. id say 2 was a mistle aswell due to the rounded spots (although there are afew "arrow"shaped ones on the chest!) but also the dark patch by the wing is an id point for a mistle thrush (according to my bird book!)

regards,
Rob

yorkshire83 said:
1 is a song, 3 is a mistle, not too sure on the 2nd though. id say 2 was a mistle aswell due to the rounded spots (although there are afew "arrow"shaped ones on the chest!) but also the dark patch by the wing is an id point for a mistle thrush (according to my bird book!)

regards,
Rob
thanks rob Im more l inclined to think mine is song trush willtry and pos anuther photo
hugh

hughredcanary said:
thanks rob Im more l inclined to think mine is song trush willtry and pos anuther photo
hugh

If yours is number 3, then its definately a mistle thrush. Slimmer looking and greyer than a song thrush.

All the best,
Rob

The other thing to mention is that if you see a mistle/song thrush in an open space (like yours seem to be), then it will almost certainly be a Mistle, becaue Song Thrushes like to be near cover.

Sean F

Sean F said:
The other thing to mention is that if you see a mistle/song thrush in an open space (like yours seem to be), then it will almost certainly be a Mistle, becaue Song Thrushes like to be near cover.

Sean F
sean thank you
hugh

Also good tip to remember,the Song thrush (approx. 9 inches) is smaller than the Mistle thrush (approx 11 inches)and the Blackbird.It is also not as upright. :flyaway:

Mary Evelyn said:
Yip I agree :flyaway:

Lo,the lilies of the field,
How their leaves instruction yield!
Hark to Nature's lesson given
By the blessed birds of heaven!
Every bush and tufted tree
Warbles sweet philosophy-
Mortal,flee from doubt and sorrow;
God provideth for the morrow.

Heber
mery, thats a grate verce

hughredcanary said:
Lo,the lilies of the field,
How their leaves instruction yield!
Hark to Nature's lesson given
By the blessed birds of heaven!
Every bush and tufted tree
Warbles sweet philosophy-
Mortal,flee from doubt and sorrow;
God provideth for the morrow.

Heber
mery, thats a grate verce

Cheers :flowers: :flowers: :flyaway:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back