• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 9 x 28mm DCF LV (1 Viewer)

Pentax 9 x 28mm DCF LV

I am helping a friend find a light weight, compact waterproof binoculars in the $150 range, that delivers reasonable quality, for beginner bird watching and general use including hiking.

I am seeing the Pentax 9 x 28mm DCF LV, binocular (which I own) for as low as $157 on various sites. .......

That price seems to have gone up quite a bit within the past year. At least looking at the EO website:
http://www.eagleoptics.com/binoculars/pentax/pentax-dcf-lv-9x28-roof-prism-binocular

Bob,

I have seen the Minox 7x28. But I am very doubtful about the design. The narrow bridge between the barrels and the length of the tubes towards the objectives should make this binocular(because of the leverage) very sensitive for shock and force and easy put it out of collimation.

Patric

Bob,

I have seen the Minox 7x28. But I am very doubtful about the design. The narrow bridge between the barrels and the length of the tubes towards the objectives should make this binocular(because of the leverage) very sensitive for shock and force and easy put it out of collimation.

Patric

I agree with that Patrick.

I'm not interested in a IF binocular. I have the Pentax 9x28 and it is plenty tough enough. My son used it when he was an exchange student in Chile. He backpacked into Machu Picchu with it and around parts of Bolivia and North Chile and beat it up pretty good and it is still working well.

Bob

I agree with that Patrick.

I'm not interested in a IF binocular. I have the Pentax 9x28 and it is plenty tough enough. My son used it when he was an exchange student in Chile. He backpacked into Machu Picchu with it and around parts of Bolivia and North Chile and beat it up pretty good and it is still working well.

Bob

And I agree with that. Yes, a binocular for long distance use and astronomy I can accept IF, but not for a binocular intended for allround use in the nature.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back