• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Habicht Swarovski Optik SL Ferngläser 10x40 binoculars owned by Lorant de Bastyai (1 Viewer)

spuddle

Hi there binocular enthusiasts,
I inherited a pair of nice Habicht Swarovski bins, they actually belonged to my Uncle Lorant de Bastyai who was a fairly well known Falconer: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorant_de_Bastyai

Forgive me if this is not the correct place to post this, do let me know where I should instead if that is the case.

I have struggled to find information or indeed a list of specifications on these particular Swarovski bins, so I was wondering if anyone on here knows a little about them? Specifically the eye-relief and how to tell if they are in good shape etc. The box indicates these are Habicht Swarovski Optik SL Ferngläser 10x40 binoculars.

Some pictures I uploaded on Flickr

I have no use for the binoculars personally, so they are up on eBay and hopefully someone else will get more out of them!

Thanks for reading, if there are any experts on these forums I'll be interested to know anything more about these particular binoculars!

- Myles

Attachments

• 5257787134_bf6cf4f2ce_z.jpg
    5257787134_bf6cf4f2ce_z.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 604
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back