• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

goyt valley nr buxton (2 Viewers)

Richard Norris said:
Thanks, Peter. Funnily enough i heard and saw Wood Warbler on Saturday at the first place you mention - in the woodland between the riverside walk footpath and the road to Derbyshire bridge. Just a little bit of clambering up the stream bed did it - got fabulous views of one singing its heart out. Also had great views of Tree Pipits (one feeding on the road about ten yards away from me) and a Great Spotted Woodpecker nest with a very vocal chick occsionally popping its head out.

Still no sign of any Whinchats though!

Richard

Mate of mine had whinchat ( and stonechat ,of course ) in Berry Clough last week - going to have another go myself , possibly today.
Didn't know ring ouzels were still around Derbyshire Bridge - haven't seen them there for 1 or 2 years now?

did not see the ringed ouzel at derbyshire bridge it was at dane boller hollow quarrycaught a bus to buxton and walked over burbage edge then to dane then back by derbyshire bridge and the resses and valley also their was a drake mandrin and a pintail in the pravilion gardens in the river

Nipped up there this morning and finally found a whinchat ! It was singing away but quite hard to see. Drive just past Berry Clough and park in one of the next places on the right . The bird was on the opposite hillside ( across the stream ) in newly growing bracken - about level with the road.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back