• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My bird drawings (1 Viewer)

CatGabriel

Hi everyone, thought I would share some photos of my recent bird drawings. I'm currently exploring a scribbly style of drawing using pen and pencil. Would love some feedback :)

Attachments

• bluetitphone2.jpg
    bluetitphone2.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 135
  • budgie4websites.jpg
    budgie4websites.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 126
  • majormitchellWM.jpg
    majormitchellWM.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 102
  • quickbirdFB.jpg
    quickbirdFB.jpg
    875.4 KB · Views: 118
Bravo ! Very Well Done !! :))

:hi: :cat:

I love these!

I like this 'scribbly' style :t: very interesting, and reminiscent of really old growth gums (and strangely old discarded rolled up fencing wire too! :) .....

I'm no artist of any sorts by any stretch of the imagination! (though know a few), nor critiquer, but I like the Blue Tit, and especially love the last one :cool:

The Major Mitchell is good too - your work seems to convey a soft femminity. The budgie seems a bit caricaturish - not sure if that was part of the style you were after?, but I much prefer the more realistic looks ..... though that works too, and has its own unique loveliness.

To my uninformed creative self, I imagine this scribbly style is hard to do? Well done :t: Excellent ! Keep going and let this style flow o:D

Just so the shoe has a go on the other foot - here is a biro drawing I did a while back from one of those kids 'learn to draw books' --- haha! Could be an entirely new species of Falcon for the experts to id ! :-O
Screenshot_2016-08-23-14-08-36_1.jpg

Chosun :gh:

Thank you so much Chosun! I really appreciate all of your comments. That's the kind of look I was going for, something that resembles wire or branches etc... I agree, the budgie is a bit more illustrative than the other ones, not quite what I planned. No, this scribbly style isn't really hard to do and I find it much more relaxing than other styles of art I've tried.

I love your Falcon, I think he looks great! Something about blue pen that always appeals to me.

Thank you BirdNerd! I was particularly happy with how the Blue Tit turned out :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back