• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray Binoculars Giveaways. Ultimate Prize: two pairs of PRIME HD binoculars (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting up to see how many question marks pschute was going to post tonight, but I'm too tired to stay up.

I think I'm going to start posting in the AM but a lot of people post then, so my strategy has been to post at night when there's less people posting so if the magic numbers turns out in this range, there will be less competition.

Astatistician would probably find a flaw in that reasoning, but fortunately statisticians are not usually night owls. :)

Brock

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to travel to work in daylight,
a few corvids up and about.
Also some gulls standing out white,
wailing their eerie shout.
Early commute to beat the rush,
nice to hear the singing thrush.

Chris, glad you heard the thrush...

Chosun, summer ending... such a strange thought here - really is the world upside down.

Gray here today, could use some Zen-Ray!

My Leapyear day story.

Returning from my daily walk yesterday I almost stumbled upon this fellow.
Its the time of year when territories are being re-established and interlopers are being driven off or killed by the dominant Cobbs. This fellow was exhausted, and I doubt he would survive if he returned to the lake. I also later saw he was blind in one eye which would have hindered his chances of survival. I didn't want to leave him on the path as some dog walkers ignore the rules and let their dogs loose in the nature reserve ( which is where this was ). I called Swan Lifeline to ask that they collect him and went back to my car to get an old towel to wrap him up in ( Swans can get rather messy if theyve been eating as they should. I wrapped him up, he didn't struggle at all, and carried him back to the car ( I always forget how heavy Swans are when carrying them for a distance ) and drove to a local car park where I had arranged for him to be picked up. Because of traffic problems it was Two hours later that the lady from Swan Lifeline collected him. When we removed the towel and jacket that I had also zipped him up in there was no mess whatsoever, so he hadn't eaten recently. I guess he will now be kept in captivity and not released as its unlikely he would survive.

---
These are truisms that only kids can express. A group of
professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8
year-olds "What does love mean?"

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired." Terri - age 4

Attachments

• tn_DSC00141.JPG
    tn_DSC00141.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 13
  • tn_DSC00142.JPG
    tn_DSC00142.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 13