• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

paintings (2 Viewers)

Thank you very much Phil,Soly and Arthur.

I need a little bit more time for the Harpyie ,wait for...... feelings .

friendy greetings Gaby

some really nice pictures here - as for the harpy, wait for the inspiration, when it comes to you you'll just finish the pic in a matter of minutes.

There are as many ways to paint as there are artists and you have the foundations for a very personal style. You know your birds and that comes across strongly. With regards to the environments that the birds inhabit my advice would be to always return to the source; the real living world. Set your powers of observation in motion. Most environments that birds inhabit are a kind of ordered chaos. There are patterns and shapes that repeat but only within a framework of randomness if that makes sense. Leaves are virtually the same shape but the angle, the light, and the life of each individual leaf marks it as different from its neighbour. Next time you go out and there are no birds to look at, spend some time having a really close look at the trees and vegetation that the birds inhabit and, when you next tackle a supporting background for one of your birds, that knowledge gained through observation will manifest itself in the way you represent them on the paper leading to a much more satisfying result.

Having said all that, if you are happy with what you do, then that should be the most important thing!

Mike

thanks Andrew....samhain is my favourite celebration

thank you Mike for your comment,

today,I have photograph a couple of trees ,vegetation and water

unfortunately I didn`t have so much time ,to spend in nature as I might
(and in time it`s a little bit cold |=)|)

friendly greetings Gaby

......Nebulous crows

and one step more by the Harpyie ;)

Attachments

• bilder 022_600_450.jpg
    bilder 022_600_450.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 80
  • bilder 023_600_450.jpg
    bilder 023_600_450.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 71
and please Ladies and Gentleman...I will proudly presents.....Sora in the box

a smart little Magpie who had a zerebrale nervous disturbance,so she can never back in the wilderness,she can`t see enough

Attachments

• 100_0642_500x375_600_450.jpg
    100_0642_500x375_600_450.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 80
  • bilder 005_600_450.jpg
    bilder 005_600_450.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 76
Thanks a lot John,hope that Sora become in a couple of weeks another magpie with only one wing,that she is not alone any more.

have reworked the jays something

Attachments

• bilder 026_600_450.jpg
    bilder 026_600_450.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 79
  • bilder 024_600_450.jpg
    bilder 024_600_450.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 82
Really like the crows Gaby. And it looks like you're getting more comfortable with paint and brush. The Harpies look very good, though I think maybe the purple background is a bit strong for me personally. The main thing though I think is that both crows and harpy look like they just flowed out of your brush, as natural as can be.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back