• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yosemite 6x30 bounces off rocks (2 Viewers)

MacGee

I got my foot entangled in a root and fell on my face onto some fairly jagged rocks. Of course, the first thing to hit (with some force) were the Yosemites. When I eventually managed to get up, my first thought was for the bins. After wiping some muck off, I had a look through them and they were fine. In fact they seemed to survive completely unscathed. Quite impressive, I think, for a cheap pair of porros.

Michael.

Michael,I dropped my 6x30 Yosemite on concrete from a small table and it made the trip with no problem. Maybe we got lucky.:)
Steve

Sorry Michael, how are you doing after the fall?
I'm fine, Steve; thanks for asking. The bins survived, the glasses survived and I survived. Just a skinned and bruised knee and some sore bits from being wrenched. My wife has already passed out of sympathetic mode.

Michael.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back