• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife of Missouri Artwork (1 Viewer)

tbbilbo

United States
Thanks to you Bird Forum members for allowing me to share my original artwork of wildlife indigenous to my home state, starting with some of my older works. Female northern cardinal, watercolor and graphite, 2006, 11"x14".

Attachments

• female cardinal I.JPG
    female cardinal I.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 236
Thank you for those comments. Here's another recent project, one of my personal favorites: Brown Pelican III; watercolor; 2010; 16"x20". Thanks again for your interest.

Attachments

• brown pelican III.jpg
    brown pelican III.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 155
Love your rendering of the female Northern Cardinal, tbbilbo! A very nice piece!

* Have you been over to Smithville Lake to see the Snowy Owls that are currently in residence there?

More Missouri Wildlife

Here's another older work - a bobwhite quail. The Missouri Dept. of Conservation is working vigorously to increase our quail population. They are beautiful birds. Bobwhite Quail; watercolor; 2008; 11"x14".

Attachments

• bobwhite II.JPG
    bobwhite II.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 136
Green Heron

Here's one of my favorite birds and one of my better watercolors - the green heron. Hope you enjoy it. "Green Heron"; watercolor; 2011; 16"x20".

Attachments

• green heron II.JPG
    green heron II.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 162
Hi there,
Some of this work is quite exquisite! I love how you've handled the background veg with the Green Heron - very clever!
Never seen any of the American grouse but from the illustrations, including this fine portrait, they look stunna's!

Russ

Sorry, I'm late to welcome you, so; 'Welcome!'

Lovely stuff here, particularly the cardinal and the heron. I look forward to more.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back