• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help !!! Photoshop won't load - MSVCRT10.dll file missing ? (1 Viewer)

tuftyhill

Please help, I'm Photoshop-less at the moment.
I tried installing some new plug-in filters last night in the Filters folder of Photoshop CS, but when I came to try them out I couldn't even load Photoshop.
It came up with an error message something along the lines of 'Unable to process your request as file MSVCRT10.dll is missing re-installing the program may help' It didn't.
I've searched on the net and found where I can download the said file and it says to put it in Windows/System files.
I'm a bit wary about messing with the System files, can anyone give me any advice regarding the problem.

Regards

Is that missing file a dedicated photoshop file, usually residing in the main adobe folder somewhere? I seem to remember that photoshop often still loads without it by clicking o.k. I don't think the file is situated deep in the gubbins of windows.
If it is stopping you from using photoshop, do a reinstall. You don't need to put the plug-in filters in the adobe folder these days... yuo can just direct CS to look for plug-ins where-ever they may be located.

cheers
Andy

Paul
I have had this problem, reloading CS didn't cure it, but if you go to control panel, add/remove programs and remove CS, then reinstall it will fix it. Mine too was caused by loading a plugin filter, from my research it turned out to be that the filter concerned was designed for PShop 7 not CS or CS2

I had un-installed the program and re-installed it without success, and I used my previous Restore Point but again no luck.
Now I've managed to download the MSVCRT10.dll file then I pasted it into the Windows 'System' Folder and PS-CS loads now so all going well up to now.
One thing I have noticed is a few programs take a lot longer to open now, e.g. I double-clicked a Word file and Word opened up eventually, then it took about 20s for the file to open. I can live with that for the moment though, at least I have Photoshop back again.
Many thanks for the replies.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back