• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Panjin, Liaoning, China (1 Viewer)

Owen Krout

United States
I just recently discovered that the BirdForum is for more than just birds! I'd been stuck in my own little corner not having noticed the wider world here.

I'm always interested in learning something new, so ID is interesting, but mostly I just thought some of you here might be interested in some of what I am seeing up here in North-East China. Birding reporting from here is spotty at the best, so I figure it is probably the same for your interests.

Some butterflies picked up on a large planting of daisies in a local city park and a caterpillar feeding on a flower. I didn't bother with the abundant Small Whites and Bath Whites.

Attachments

• NT4A5887.jpg
    NT4A5887.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 48
  • NT4A5888.jpg
    NT4A5888.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 39
  • NT4A5901.jpg
    NT4A5901.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 56
  • NT4A5912.jpg
    NT4A5912.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 46
  • NT4A5966.jpg
    NT4A5966.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 49
couple more

Just a quick follow up with a very tiny moth, maybe 4mm I found in the bathroom this morning and one more caterpillar from yesterday that I just noticed on an image of a bee (just below the bee).

Attachments

• NT4A5986.jpg
    NT4A5986.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Honeybee.jpg
    Honeybee.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 44
My father told me it was important to be smarter everyday and you just helped me to meet today's goal! I had never heard of such.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back