• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

paintings (1 Viewer)

Sea Eagle...but the Background,i didn`t like it

in moment i try to paint Goose's vulture

Attachments

• bilder_004_400x300.jpg
    bilder_004_400x300.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 190
Nice composition on the Bald Eagle Gaby! I like it a lot. It works very well. Nothing wrong with the background.

Could Goose's Vulture be Turkey Vulture?

Thank you for your comment about the Background.

I will need good Luck,

it`s difficult,but i must try

the sketch is always ready......

and next weekend, i have time to do the color

it`s not ready.....if I can improve something?

Attachments

• bilder-4.jpg
    bilder-4.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 136
  • bilder-5.jpg
    bilder-5.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 108
  • bilder_005_400x300.jpg
    bilder_005_400x300.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 96
forget the background Gaby, the vultures are just beautiful....I am background challenged too, and working very hard right now on landscape and plein air so I can put the birds in landscape eventually...

yes, that's why I decided to separate the two for a while, and work on the landscape alone. I've found some great books written by old painters, John Carlsons "Guide to Landscape Painting" was the very best and very cheap, it saved me years of time getting to a basic way to see the landscape in front of me, so I could being to paint it.

Thank you nicely to you both for the tips.
I will sit down tonight sometimes in it and look whether I the picture finishes.

(this is what the online translater write o:D,i will hope it is correctly)

friendly greetings Gaby

the online translator has a funny way of arranging the words Gaby, but your meaning always comes through just fine, so no worry there.

Okay, then I am calmed :smoke:

has taken to heart your advice and has painted only a little background

and I think it was a good idea

Attachments

• bilder_400_300-1.jpg
    bilder_400_300-1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 115
The vultures is a very well composed piece, it needs no more background than there is already. Lovely work Gaby.

Mike

Thanks a lot Phil and Mike o:)

friendly greetings Gaby

P.S. my next project must be an Nymph's parakeet,it`s an order

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back