• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HS20 Arrived. I just recieved my HS20! (1 Viewer)

BlueHead

The early bird gets the worm
Hello!

My HS20 arrived today and I will be taking sample shots!

I will upload them here soon!

Cheers, David

I am so disappointed with the Fuji. This shot was taken in EXR Automatic Mode.
The noise and sharpness is just horrible. I tried to take shots in the Automatic Mode for about 1 hour now. It is just so awfully bad.:-C

I may return this camera to Amazon... I am just so disappointed.

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=194805-1302024346.jpg&size=original

Click on 100% to see it in full size

My Canon PowerShot takes better and sharper photos with less noise!

Cheers, David

It looks like the camera chose iso 800 for this shot (which for other superzooms would be high, and therefore noisy). To achieve best results with any superzoom, you may have to leave behind the all-auto settings and start using some of the limits on the cam.

Niels

I am so disappointed with the Fuji. This shot was taken in EXR Automatic Mode.
The noise and sharpness is just horrible. I tried to take shots in the Automatic Mode for about 1 hour now. It is just so awfully bad.:-C

I may return this camera to Amazon... I am just so disappointed.

http://www.bilder-space.de/show_img.php?img=194805-1302024346.jpg&size=original

Click on 100% to see it in full size

My Canon PowerShot takes better and sharper photos with less noise!

Cheers, David

#1 It often takes time to get used to a new camera, so I would give it some time before passing judgment.

#2 You might want to review this thread in which I advised you to wait for a detailed comparative review before buying a camera of this type: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?p=2090622#post2090622

Best,
Jim

Sorry for my strange review. I was just kind of disappointed when I wrote it.

I tried to do some macro photos, in macro mode, and there was much noise too, and the photos were not very sharp neither.

Is my camera broken or what?:-C

I understand that bridge cameras are more difficult to handle then compact cameras, but the noise is really bad!

I thought the camera would be as great as a DSLR, but I was really wrong.

Its my own fault. I should have waited for reviews.

There are some reviews on Amazon.com, but they all say the cam is excellent.

I don't like the cam.

Maybe I am doing it wrong. But all the automatic modes make bad quality photos.

I wrote the cam makes worse photos than my powershot. Its not quite true. The cam makes the same quality shots as my PowerShot. I compared both.

It does not really feel great if you payed 400€ for something you don't like.

I hope that other people will write reviews about it too. Maybe it is just me.

Maybe it is a great camera, but I can't tell you. I am only a hobby photographer, and I am not satisfied with this camera.

Cheers, David

I have the HS10, and i find indoor shots and low light shots show a lot of noise. Try it outside in good light where you will get better photos and you may start to like it.

Cheers Peter.

That indoor shot is fine if you ask me. It also looks like a 100% file size when you click on it, and at 100%, very few photos look brilliant, and dont forget...this is NOT a DSLR. You should not be comparing those 2 cameras. You're really being rather unfair.

You've had tha camera what feels like 5 mins and already you are almost sending it back. The fault isnt with the camera from what i can see, but the user.

The photo has been taken indoors, probably in weird lighting, and the camera has done its best to compensate, and chose the settings it chose. You have less noise in that shot than i get at ISO 400 on my pentax k200D DSLR.

Try and calm down and live with the camera for a few weeks, get used to Av or Tv or manual, before deciding that its the camera that isnt performing.

Hope you dont mind...
I resized your photo to a more reasonable 1500 pix and ran it through CS4 to see if there were any tweaks that could be applied, and i found the camera had done a very good job, considering the harsh environment you chose as a test photo, especially since you really dont know at this point how to get the best out of it. It takes time

I was quite impressed :)

Attachments

• show_img_tes.jpg
    show_img_tes.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 173
Hello!

I am very sorry that I was being unfair to the Fuji HS20. It surely is a great camera! But I just thought that it would be as great as a DSLR, so I was quite disappointed when I discovered that it isn't.

I returned it to Amazon. I bought a Nikon D3100 instead, and I am quite happy with it. Of course, you can not compare Bridge Cameras with DSLR cameras.

It was all my fault

You can see a photo of Koi Fish int he gallery which I took with my new Nikon.

Cheers, David

Its your money David, and you have to be happy, thats all that matters in the end ;)

Good luck with the D3100

I am very sorry that I was being unfair to the Fuji HS20. It surely is a great camera! But I just thought that it would be as great as a DSLR, so I was quite disappointed when I discovered that it isn't.

Why did you think it would be as great as a DSLR? If that was the case, noone would bother spending thousands on a camera and lens that weighs 5 times as much!

I use a bridge camera and you CAN get great results, but you have to be aware of the limitations...

Good luck!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back