• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Current position at Sharm El Sheikh (1 Viewer)

Phil Andrews

It's only Rock and Roller but I like it
United Kingdom
Having read a few of the previous threads, it doesnt appear that birding is particularly easy at Sharm El Sheikh and the surrounding area.

I am due to visit in mid March - has the position improved and does anyone have hints on sites to visit or how to avoid any trouble?

Thanks

I'm going on Monday 9th January. I'm hoping to do a little birding around sharks bay. I suppose the only way to find out is to try. There used to be some contributors on this who lived there, but they seem to have moved. I was there two years ago, but didn't do much other than around the hotel, where I saw my first bluethroat and house crows.
anyway, it should be hot and sunny.
Allan

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back