• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Luscinia svecica drawing (1 Viewer)

Greetings All,

I have been asked to create some artwork for a bluethroat, and have made a go of it. However, being utterly ignorant of birds and their respective appearance and details, I thought I might ask here for some help, please?

Does the attached artwork look indeed like the bird Luscinia svecica? Is the colouration near the mark, or not? Is the basic shape acceptible?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Luscinia_svecica_art.jpg

Hi El_confuso_grande and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I've moved your thread to the Wildlife Art thread as there are many helpful guys and gals here that will offer you any suggestions if needed ;)

Greetings All,

I have been asked to create some artwork for a bluethroat, and have made a go of it. However, being utterly ignorant of birds and their respective appearance and details, I thought I might ask here for some help, please?

Does the attached artwork look indeed like the bird Luscinia svecica? Is the colouration near the mark, or not? Is the basic shape acceptible?

Any comments would be appreciated.

View attachment 415381

If you are non-birdy person, you've done a very good job on that.

As for acceptability, that depends a bit on your audience (nature lovers or hard-core bird maniacs..).

Plus Bluethroat throat pattern varies depending whether you are in Scandinavia, E Europe etc.- so if the bird is supposed to be in some particular region, that needs checking out (fir cone suggests Scandianvia, white spot suggests Holland or further East..).

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back