• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pentax 80 ED scope ? (1 Viewer)

carsonbm

I am new at diqiscoping and I just bought a Baager camera adapter microstage II. I don't know where I should clamp the adapter too. Do I clamp it to the eye piece or where?
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent

Hi Brent,

This digiscoping is a confusing business sometimes. Hang in there. To attach the adapter, hold it with the long set screw for the eyepiece clamp to your left and loosen the screw. Then slip the adapter down over the eyepiece till the clamp is against the scope. When the clamp of the adapter is firmly against the scope body, tighten it firmly. Make sure that the adapter is straight when you attach your camera or your images will be crooked.

I have this adapter and it is a good one, but it has some quirks, as they all do. Be alert for any twisting around the eyepiece from the weight of the camera. It has to be tight. It also has a tendency to sag down out of line under the weight of the camera. I check the alignment of the adapter arms against the bottom of the eyepiece to make sure it has not sagged.

The Baader web site has pictures of this adapter showing how it is fastened to the eyepiece. Try this link http://www.baader-planetarium.de/download/microstage_2.pdf

Regards,

Robert

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back