• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eye piece 1X and 2X numbers (1 Viewer)

OK, here I go and show my ignorance. |:$|

I'm looking at eyepieces for spotting scopes and I see that some have, for example:
1x Opticron HDF 20x.
and another will have :
2x Opticron HDF 20x.

I can see that they are both 20X magnification and have High Definition Fluorite Glasses, but I'm unsure what the 1X and 2X stand for at the beginning.

This post will self destruct after I have read it.

Regards

Graham

Thanks to Norman for the reply and not an expletive was used.........never even occurred to me that it was the stock level of the eyepieces at 'In Focus'.Oh dear!!!! :gh:|:$|

Thank you all for not banning me from the forum.

I am glad Norman replied? Private message?

Truth be told I had no idea what you were referring to as I had never seen that type of designation in reference to the eyepieces/scopes in question. Makes sense that it was the stock level. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back