• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Finch Variant? (1 Viewer)

Bird and squirrel lover.
No pic as of yet.

The bird is detailed almost just like a female House Finch, although it is half the size of a house finch, smaller than an American Goldfinch.

The lines that are the norm for a house finch on this bird are an extreme bold dark brown. I also can't stress enough how little this bird is.

House Finch Variant??

30°F
March 06th, 2006
Central Nebraska.

Thanks
-Drake.

Tero said:
Pine Siskins are Goldfinch size, streaky.
I think that is it, I noticed one of these birds last week and saw wing bars, that similar to an American Goldfinch and thought hmmmm.

I left that out of this description as I wasn't sure if I was seeing things this time.

LOL, I thought to myself Male American Goldfinch and a female House Finch.

I am sure that it is a Pine Siskin, Thanks a bunch.

-Drake.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back