• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

D70 / 135-400m (1 Viewer)

Free - I hope your D70 arrives soon - I hate to think of you sitting there holding a 135-400mm with nothing to attach it to!

greypoint said:
Free - I hope your D70 arrives soon - I hate to think of you sitting there holding a 135-400mm with nothing to attach it to!

Its all here now but................................... The Flash card i am waiting for as i got it half price from Australia. But my parents dont fly back for 2 weeks!

Whats the minimum size i can put in to keep me ticking over until my 1gb turns up.
Anyone got a spare small one i will pay offcoarse

Free said:
Its all here now but................................... The Flash card i am waiting for as i got it half price from Australia. But my parents dont fly back for 2 weeks!

Whats the minimum size i can put in to keep me ticking over until my 1gb turns up.
Anyone got a spare small one i will pay offcoarse

I get nearly 80 best quality JPEGs (depending on how much detail is in the subject) on my Canon 20D (which is 8Mp) on a 256 card so that will keep you ticking-over, no problem. Even the 'normal' speed Sandisk, that Canon gave away free is OK - the faster 'Ultra 11' is better but not essential if you're looking for minimum cost.

Have a look at any of the on line stores - Digital Depot are OK for memory cards - you'll get a 128mb for about a tenner I'd think - that would keep you going. On the general subject of memory cards, I would'nt just rely on one card anyway it's not unknown to have problems. If you've gone somehere special and your card fails it's always good to have back up. I personally have 4 smaller cards - 512mb and 256mb - rather than one large one. That way you're less likely to lose everything.

Just got a 256 to be delivered Monday or Tuesday for £12. I am not back until Monday.
The wife rang me and said the camera does not work? She said i have powered up the pack put it in the Body but nothing? I said have you tried with the Lens on?
OH! she said. :'D

rezMole said:
If she doesn't know what she is doing - don't let her play with it!

She is OK but she rang and said that the power pack is in but nothing works! I said you have got the lens on? eeerr! No she said just the body bit with a big hole in the centre :'D

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back