• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Great Bird ID Quiz!!! (2 Viewers)

Mike Johnston

Apologies if this has been posted before. There's a good bird ID quiz HERE. Six difficulty levels, various languages. Good fun. Post and let us know how you get on! :t:

Edit: just checked the Quiz forum and found it posted 2 years ago! Oh well, might be useful for those who haven't heard of it yet.

Last edited:
A great quiz, but can be really anoying when you're trying to figure out what the German's might be calling something as an English translation. The next step would be for them to introduce timings. That would really sort them out....

lol, i was interesting in it until.....i realized that they were all birds from europe...

then i came back here to continue my browsing of the board ^,^

Be aware, if you add 'Common' to Common Buzzard or Common Scoter, you get the answer wrong!!! Also if you make a typing mistake, eg Bonapart's rather than Bonaparte's!

Be aware, if you add 'Common' to Common Buzzard or Common Scoter, you get the answer wrong!!! Also if you make a typing mistake, eg Bonapart's rather than Bonaparte's!

Yes, and I got ripped off for a misspelling of Berthelot's pipit.
Good game though.

Bird Game

We're out to dinner tonight with friends - 7 birders and a wife! - and instead of guessing "Who Am I" ( a sticker on their forehead with a name/others ask questions that must be answered with a yes or no) I've written birds' names on stickers and they must guess what bird they are. It remains to be seen whether this works or not - especially between courses and after numerous glasses of wine.

Sandra

US bird quiz?

This is my new favorite bird quiz! I love it (and yes, it's horribly addictive). I'm 300 points from highest possible score!

Hi
Yes great quiz, can do topscore several times in a row WITH books :t: Do any of you know a good equivalent bird quiz about American birds?
I am heading for California 3 weeks this april... Have moderate experience after birding US 2 times before, but a quiz is always a fun way to learn birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back