• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adam's Art (1 Viewer)

Early days yet on this one but I'm trying something a little different for me. A recent photo used as the front cover of the Durham Bird Club's anual report has inspired me to do a painting of the Eastern Crowned warbler,this isnt meant to be a direct copy of the photo more a combination of various photo's and a little from my own memory of the bird.

Attachments

• tn_002.JPG
    tn_002.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 97
now that's STRONG, just make sure the warbler keeps that luminous glow. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Thanks guys, that luminous glow of the warbler is exactly what I'm looking for but only time will tell if I achieve it or not.

Had a pretty disaterous days birding so give up and did some more painting instead.

Attachments

• tn_002.JPG
    tn_002.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 76
you know what eveyone's going to say

1. do no more to the veg: its perfect

2. time to do the bird

Very kind of you Ed but I actually think there's still quite a bit of work to be done on the leaves and branches,its only really the big leaf I've finished or so i thought.

Last edited:
Very kind of you Ed but I actually think there's still quite a bit of work to be done on the leaves and branches,its only really the big leaf I've finished or so i thought.

aha- well its certainly your pic and your call

I rather like the depth-of-field impression as it stands, the impact of the in focus front leaf with the bird on or near it (I assume), the background bright but less sharp

its rather how Ian Lewington does these things, sometimes with an extreme gradient between the area of focus with the bird in and the rest

aha- well its certainly your pic and your call

I rather like the depth-of-field impression as it stands, the impact of the in focus front leaf with the bird on or near it (I assume), the background bright but less sharp

its rather how Ian Lewington does these things, sometimes with an extreme gradient between the area of focus with the bird in and the rest

Yes thats where the bird will go and that whole depth of field thing was what i was originally going for with it being inspired by a photo but I kind of had a change of heart when it got going.The photo of the painting i've posted does actually make it look a bit more finished than it looks in real life,i agree that looking at this picture it looks just about finished but looking at the actual painting there's a bit more needs doing yet I think though I might well still try for a bit of depth of field effect.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back