• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wildlife of Missouri Artwork (1 Viewer)

More artwork to share

Sorry it's been so long since I last participated. Holiday visitors have departed and I'm ready to begin painting anew for 2012. My sincere thanks for all your kind words. I must agree with your earlier observations - my background for the "Green Heron" is one of my best. Backgrounds have not been my strong suit. I hope to improve on future ones. Here's an earlier work: "American Goldfinch with Chokecherry Blossoms"; watercolor; 2011; 16"x20". Have a great New Year!

Attachments

• american goldfinch.JPG
    american goldfinch.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 104
Bald Eagle Quick Study

Just finished this preliminary sketch for a much larger work I'm planning. Learned a lot. "Bald Eagle"; watercolor; 2012; 11"x14".

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 108
Pileated Woodpecker

Just finished this watercolor of a "Pileated Woodpecker", 11"x14" framed. Enjoy.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 121
northern cardinal

Here's a watercolor I did in 2011, the "Northern Cardinal" perched among dogwood blossoms, (11"x14" framed) a favorite of Missourians who love the World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals baseball team, and who appreciate the splash of color this wonderful bird gives to drab winter days. Enjoy.

Attachments

• cardinal and dogwood.JPG
    cardinal and dogwood.JPG
    188.6 KB · Views: 72
Thats a beauty TB, believe dogwood is our official state tree too.Understood that city of Anaheim Cal. likes "cardinals" as much as we do.
Springtime image you've captured with "cardinal & dogwood" happens yearly here,looking forward to bloom of tree's with anticipation.Thank you for sharing.

Eastern Collared Lizards

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. Thank you for your kind comments. In keeping with my theme of "Wildlife of Missouri", I thought I'd post the first of several non-bird watercolors. This is one of our native "Eastern Collared Lizards", a particularly colorful species, completed in 2007 (11"x14"). Enjoy. TB.

Attachments

• eastern collared lizards.JPG
    eastern collared lizards.JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 70
Beautiful TB, Male in display is uncanny in portrayal. Family had a place just north of elephant rocks, seeing is like being reunited with long lost friend. Pleasure is mine viewing,Thanks for posting.

Cherry Blossoms

Here's one I did a while back of "Cherry Blossoms." By the way, you can view this and more of my original wildlife artwork at my new blog. Thanks again for all your kind comments. They keep me motivated. Enjoy.

http://tombosewatercolors.blogspot.com/

Attachments

• cherry blossoms.jpg
    cherry blossoms.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 45
Pumpkinseed is wonderful TB. Many hours spent in our swimming hole on cub creek. Laying in couple foot of water with snorkle & mask. Pumpkins, smallmouths, & goggle eye swimming about. Rendition is again uncanny.
Pleasure to view your work. Thanks sincerely for opportunity.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back