• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fish Fuerteventura ? (1 Viewer)

miami

These are in a small spring fed pool in the hills, and obviously introduced. Theyre about 2 inches long on average, and some have blue tails(males i presume). Could anyone enlighten me to what they are ?

Attachments

• IMG_2842.JPG
    IMG_2842.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 224
I think Acid John's suggestion is probably correct. A quick google suggests that there are no native freshwater fish in the Canaries but a few have been introduced including Gambusia affinis. This species seems to be good likeness for the pictures in this thread.

Cheers... only reason i didnt go with Mosquitofish 100% was because some of them have blue tail fins(as in first pic), and i cant find any reference to this anywhere.. we must be close though..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back