• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hanna´s easel (1 Viewer)

I'm fascinated by your backgrounds Hannah...so tell me, if you would, is the light source in triptych emphasized by the flash photography of picture...?

Looks superb anyhow...:t:

ps...the pine tree branches in previous owl pic were beautifully designed and executed...[i keep going back to have a look at that one]!

All the best...

Hannah,

This is perfect. Because it represents what you do. If anyone questions this piece, it will be from a "birding standpoint." (About feather tracts, or somesuch nonesense in an overtly pedantic manner probably...:-O)
If such criticism should occur, face to face? Hand them a paint brush, paint and pallette. Then ask them to show you how it should be done?3:)

I know Redstarts. I appreciate so well how you have portrayed them.

:t:B :)

Here is one new. Again almost in miniatyre size. It is 15x15cm and woodpecker is roughly 4cm. It is difficult to take decent pictures of these. Full sunlight seems to work best, but it was not available anymore ;)

I should still finish one painting for exhibition starting next saturday... 19 paintings are framed and ready to go.

Attachments

• käpytikka2.jpg
    käpytikka2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 238
Now I have finished all paintings for the exhibition. There will be 20 paintings from me and other 40 works from fellow artists. There is some paintings that I have not shown here. So you are welcome to my web gallery

Unfortunately the gallery part is still only finnish, but blog has english version too.

This autunum has been busy with illustrations and other works.

My latest: Here is wearable painting. Wallcreeper painted on Japanese silk haori.

Attachments

• IMG_9969.JPG
    IMG_9969.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 99
Here is 2 illustrations I have made last weekend.

Insect is Deer ked and birds Golden eagle with ravens. Unfortunately taking photo from eagle painting was difficoult and I am not happy with picture even after lots of work with photoshop.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.JPG
    IMG_0265.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 78
  • maakotkajakorpit.jpg
    maakotkajakorpit.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 103
certainly got the power of the Goldie and love the posture

I think Arthur has it exactly right. I only looked at these quickly yesterday and planned to come back today. I'm not sure if I would have noticed right off what Arthur has said, that there is a real sense of power in the Goldie. But when you notice it it's hard to miss.

Litle bittern pendant and one illustration picture that has been colored with photoshop.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 58
  • linnut ja munat copy.jpg
    linnut ja munat copy.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 54
Hi Hanna,

Like the Bittern, what program did you use to draw the Widgeon, i could see you using something like Adobe illustrator to do some of your jewellery design.
Love your site, Short Eared Owl fav

Regards

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back