• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdguides DVD video guide to British Birds problem (1 Viewer)

Ken Hall

I have very recently bough my first DVD player, and a copy of Birdguides DVD Guide to British Birds. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but on the DVD player both the sound and the pictures are erratic, with short gaps most noticeable in the commentary. Other DVDs play OK, so I don't think it is the player that is faulty, nor does the disc appear faulty as it is OK on my PC. Is it a compatability problem, or is there something else I should be aware of?

I have very recently bough my first DVD player, and a copy of Birdguides DVD Guide to British Birds. The DVD plays OK on my PC, but on the DVD player both the sound and the pictures are erratic, with short gaps most noticeable in the commentary. Other DVDs play OK, so I don't think it is the player that is faulty, nor does the disc appear faulty as it is OK on my PC. Is it a compatability problem, or is there something else I should be aware of?

I’ve found it works better if you install it onto the hard drive. It’s one hell of a size but if you’ve got the space on your drive, it’s worth it.

I’ve found it works better if you install it onto the hard drive. It’s one hell of a size but if you’ve got the space on your drive, it’s worth it.

Its about 3 Gig, I know cos I've just put it on my laptop, (new toy), it certainly sounds better than on my very old PC.

Its about 3 Gig, I know cos I've just put it on my laptop, (new toy), it certainly sounds better than on my very old PC.

Yes, it’s a whopper, that is true but it certainly does run sweeter off the hard drive than it ever does off a DVD reader.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back