• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Norfolk (1 Viewer)

I'm have been planning a trip to Wykeham in Yorkshire this weekend for some time as i was told it's the most reliable HB site but with the sightings at Welbeck,i might go there instead it's closer to me,any info would be appreciated,postcodes etc.

Been to both this year. Cracking views at both but they are certainly more regular at Welbeck at the moment, being seen a few times everyday. From M1 Junc 30 take the A616 towards Ollerton. At Cuckney, take the road to a village called Norton. From Norton follow the road round the bend and at the crossroads, follow the road right. Just after here there is a worn grass verge. Look for the birds from here. When I was there the appeared from behind and from the far-right but apparently often show right in front over the close woodland. Its a case of being there at the right time.

http://www.nottsbirders.net/welbeck.php

There are lots of other sites around about well worth a visit such as Budby Common and Clumber Park. Info about these can be found here:

http://www.nottsbirders.net/sites.php

Hope this helps Sam

Lovely trip today. Holkham, raptor watchpoints then home via Minsmere. Well worth it, met nice birders and no carrots in exhaust pipes !! Euphemistic sign of frustration me thinks :)

Lovely trip today. Holkham, raptor watchpoints then home via Minsmere. Well worth it, met nice birders and no carrots in exhaust pipes !! Euphemistic sign of frustration me thinks :)

Sounds like a great day! sightings list?
See the Cattle Egret? :)

Got the cattle egret twice in flight from Whin Hill but not on the ground. Tick for suffolk. Not 100% sure of HB and no sight of a montie in Norfolk though lovely spoonbill, common buzzard hunting and with prey, and a very close fly-by of sparrowhawk over the wheat @ Gt. Ryburgh. It put the wind up the yellowhammers and skylarks. The little owl was by the road glaring down also. Sea watch tomorrow then back to family.

Caution

There is a message chalked on the board at S. Novers that states, "Beware of the_Partridge." Suggest that all visiting birders be aware and on the lookout for an elderly tramplike person with a large bunch of carrots, turnips or beet on all fours inspecting exhausts. And no, its not the English Nature warden. Please take care:t:

Went to Welbeck today had great veiws of HB in the am,then to Blacktoft for the Marsh Sand but dipped on the Wbw in Derbyshire,had a great day though,thanks to Dave welbeck very helpful.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back