• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conservation in the Trumpocene (1 Viewer)

Two days ago, a communique from the White House advised that an executive order was being prepared for the US to leave NAFTA. Yesterday, the President said that he will renegotiate it.

Yet another reversal of intention - so far, there have been no actual policy statements on any matter - which begs the question, where are all the policy successes of the first 100 days?

At this rate, the President will run out of failures long before the end of his term! ;)
(With acknowledgement of the original quote in the NY Times).
MJB

My Understanding is that the NAFTA order wasn't just a straight "We are pulling out" but rather a "We are pulling out if you give us x,y,z". So effectively playing chicken, and I am not convinced our NAFTA partners are going to be willing to come to the table.

Albeit, according to the same doctor, bordering on obese, lacking on exercise and with high cholesterol levels.

Along with 98% of every other 71 year old, albeit with 10x's the energy.

Maybe we all get lucky and he has a heart attack.

Despicable sentiment. Shame on you.
BTW, it's poetic justice....your type of reasoning is what brought forth his presidency, in that sense, y'all are your own problem. 3:)

Maybe we all get lucky and he has a heart attack.

BTW, it's poetic justice....your type of reasoning is what brought forth his presidency, in that sense, y'all are your own problem. 3:)

A most salient observation LB. It saddens and sickens me that this is the summit that the 'other side' is only able to rise to. Still. Over a year down the track .....

If things are really as bad as they would have you believe, it's for one reason and one reason only ................. them.

Chosun :gh:

Along with 98% of every other 71 year old, albeit with 10x's the energy.

98% of 71 year old are borderline obese? Wow, not where I live.

A

Thought you might say this. So its okay for your president to repeatedly utter offensive comments to persons and groups from all walks of life, to belittle persons, to launch personal verbal attacks etc etc, yet when a nobody such as I makes a comment it is despicable and shameful. Nice one Litebeam.

Thought you might say this. So its okay for your president to repeatedly utter offensive comments to persons and groups from all walks of life, to belittle persons, to launch personal verbal attacks etc etc, yet when a nobody such as I makes a comment it is despicable and shameful. Nice one Litebeam.

Jos: His Holiness the Anointed President is Holy and Infallible - didn't you get the memo?

Remember? "..when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," quoth the POTUS.

Jos: His Holiness the Anointed President is Holy and Infallible - didn't you get the memo?

Remember? "..when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything," quoth the POTUS.

Yeah, and you were the one harping on the endless "Russia" bullsh!te and Trump/Russia collusion....still total nonsense a year on.
The only collusion was with the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One...and the phony DNC-funded Russian dossier. B :)
Been played much, Pete?

... when a nobody such as I makes a comment it is despicable and shameful.....

Feigning victim-hood are we now?...why am I not surprised.

Yeah, and you were the one harping on the endless "Russia" bullsh!te and Trump/Russia collusion....still total nonsense a year on.
The only collusion was with the Clinton Foundation and Uranium One...and the phony DNC-funded Russian dossier. B :)
Been played much, Pete?

Feigning victim-hood are we now?...why am I not surprised.

Victim? Eh, I couldn't care less if you or someone else takes me up on an issue, don't think I tried to claim any victimhood. Just was saying you don't seem to object when your President, holding such a position, comes out with highly offensive comments to all and sundry on a near daily basis, yet when someone who is a nobody (this is not suggesting victimhood, just saying I am a normal person with no position of influence or responsibility) makes an offensive comment you immediately slam it. Funny.

...Clinton...

Classic "whataboutism" - my point has nothing to do with anybody named Clinton. This foundation is not in any way, shape, or form, the subject of the discussion.

Your guy does something indefensible, you divert by attacking somebody else. Been there, done that, it's not a valid argument.

Classic "whataboutism" - my point has nothing to do with anybody named Clinton. This foundation is not in any way, shape, or form, the subject of the discussion.

Your guy does something indefensible, you divert by attacking somebody else. Been there, done that, it's not a valid argument.

How abouts we start with "I was completely wrong regarding my comments about Trump and Russia"...until that time your words as they regard to our Yank politics are total B.S.
I'm on the record at this forum condemning Trump's myriad ridiculous remarks. And those condemnations are easily sourced here.
Where's your intellectual honesty?

Trump is a raw, off-the-cuff, narcissist much of the time, but many people will tolerate his boorish, outspoken style over the poll-tested, war room teleprompter trash of the typical phony politicians.

Moving on from you featherweights, clearly this isn't even a fair fight.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back