• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

First attempt at Drawing and Painting Birds (2 Viewers)

I prefer the Hooded Crow but I do like this Desert Wheatear!:t:

Thanks Tim:t:

Zac

Attachments

• desert wheatear001.jpg
    desert wheatear001.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 118
  • Hooded Crow002.jpg
    Hooded Crow002.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 102
fine work indeed, these would be great on the pages of any bird report (and a hell of a lot better than some of the crap I've had published in reports over the years!)

(and a hell of a lot better than some of the crap I've had published in reports over the years!)

I can't help have the image of you sending in something that was like that on a five year old with a huge bill not really attached to the 'birds' head and huge legs and feet...

Thanks for the comments everyone

Hello All
As promised on Arthur's thread, I was inspired to get the pencils out.
I managed to tick an all time target bird yesterday - Red Footed Falcon at Tophill Low in Yorkshire.
Hope you like it, and I will try my hardest to keep this thread up to date and fit it in with my AS Digital Photography course.
Speaking of which, I have just this week had a photograph published in a calender - http://www.royalscotsgrey.com/ - you will need to look at the latest news and follow a few links, but mine is September 2009. it may be of a train, but I am still very proud. News should also come through of my Hooded Crow that may be published in Lancashire Bird Report 2007 in the coming weeks

Zac

Attachments

• Red_Footed_Falcon2008.jpg
    Red_Footed_Falcon2008.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 110
love the clean shape of the outline sketch, very solid and proportioned. Nice use of pencil on the other one - I'll get to see a red foot one of these days! (Missed out on a flock of 40 this spring, ouch!)

well, I couldn't post a link from the site shown above, but i have found >>>this<<< which shows the photo too...its a very small image on there and it can't be made any larger but you can at least see the image in extreme thumbnail.

Zac

For anybody who is interested
this is the actual calender that I have had a picture Published in.
It is A3 so the picture is nice and large (y)

Zac

Attachments

• Publish.jpg
    Publish.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 83
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back