• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

sorry to hear about your accident tim. hang on in there. with your good hand of course. get better soon

hope your hand heels soon so we can see a sketch of the incident, can you still draw a pint with your good hand. no pun on the (draw) intended.

timwootton said:
Hey there young lady - you can come in and pull up a chair anytime you like (I won't force-feed you any more alcohol if you don't want it! ;) )
And don't worry about me - I'm a tough old boot. (I just cry like a baby, that's all).
Cheers - Mine's a lager with a straw - cheers Matt, Elizabeth.

Good morning, artists!!!

Too early for alcohol, so it will do with strong coffee to wake me up! But I will accept a more interesting suggestion by you later...

Tim, do you see how many people is worrying about you? :loveme: ;) But surely Sally's golden hands will heal your wounds soon... if she can revive a just hatched chicken she will do miracles with her husband's hands, won't she? ;) ;) ;)

I'll be back later to see what's going on here at this studio, I'm only a spectator but I feel terribly attracted to this thread. Cheers everybody!

Love that horse Tim. Funnily enough I've been mulling over ideas for paintings which would feature domestic livestock (mostly goats but horses, sheep and cows also feature on the list). Wherever there's livestock there's birds it seems and I like the idea of painting the birds as an integral part of the agricultural landscape alongside its inhabitants. Too many ideas and not enough time!

Hope your hand's feeling better today BTW.

Woody

A little less ouchy

Thank you for all your concern, my hand is a little less stiff and throbby today - so I'm running out of excuses not to get some more work done (thank you Marian! - and by the way you don't have to be an artist to contribute to this thread - the more opinions the better, in my opinion).
Woody - I wondered if you would like to see this - I'm also a poultry keeper and breed traditional breeds occasionally - here are 3 of my birds, a Marans and 2 Light Sussex.

Attachments

• HensInBarn.jpg
    HensInBarn.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 177
Glad to hear you're getting better.

I've viewed the poultry painting many times on your website, I like the light especially. My sister kept chickens for a while and I used to look after them while she was away on holiday, they're engaging creatures and provided us with a whole heap of fun one day when they got out of their run and had to be rounded up. That was before breakfast and the eggs they also provided were eggstreemly good that day too!

I'm off to plan the next project, I dont want to rest on my laurels as they say.

Woody

They are "only" hens but this painting left me gaping... it looks so real! I fear to repeat myself but again must remark the deepness and 3D sensation of your drawings, Tim. The perspective in the pieces of timber and the shovel (is that the correct English word?) is admirable... but I think what I like more is the way you've got the hay all around. I used to draw and paint many many years ago... and I think I would have NEVER in my life get it as you did. Wonderful scene of the daily life of hens!

Woody, congrats for selling the rookery painting, I'm not surprised either you've got it as it was a wonderfully done scene!

Bye for now!

Last edited:
One Hair of the Dog for Tom (what were you on by the way) - I can offer a nice blended whisky with water with a glass of beer - should sort you out just fine. I know it's early but I may just join you - just had to fetch the kids back from school - the Churchill Barriers are closing so the kids are sent home (only just got rid of the little Bu . . .er, darlings.

Almost at the end of working too much! Sunday will be 17 shifts in a row, covering for two mates on holidays in Australia and Thailand, neither are birders!! Got myself a new pair of bins, a pristine pair of Zeiss7x42 BGAT Classics to replace a pair I had stolen in Thailand a couple of years back. Chomping at the bit to get out birding as a result...
perhaps should mention I am a bartender by trade Tim, so if you want to pop out I can hold the fort at the ever burgeoning bar there!
I can just see the sign on the door....."GONE BIRDING; BACK LATER"

Good job the clentele at your establishment are so understanding!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! - I always knew you were my kinda guy!!!!
So that's it sorted, whenever I'm away (which is nearly always) you're in charge of alcohol distribution!
Good man - have a black one.

timwootton said:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! - I always knew you were my kinda guy!!!!
So that's it sorted, whenever I'm away (which is nearly always) you're in charge of alcohol distribution!
Good man - have a black one.

Did I mention I was also a signwriter;)

Anyone in ? Its been very quiet in this establishment,I do hope the stock isn't going off. Hows the hand healing we hope. or are you up there brewing your own now. I expect a fantastic picture after all this silence.

peter mathios said:
Any artwork on the way? I'd love a single malt to go with looking at some art... Also, Tim do you have a website?
www.mathiosstudios.net
Hi Peter - I hope you don't mind if you serve yourself this morning? _ I feel like getting straight back into bed (I always hate Mondays).
Artwork coming right up and my website is www.tim-wootton.com thanks for asking.
Hope your meeting with the publisher went well.
Hi Arthur - managed to get some work done in the field Sunday - next post . . . .

Ooooo - interesting

Having planned a morning working in the garden digging trenches for the polytunnel cover and an afternoon watching footie, I was delighted to meke a hasty change of plan. Paul Higson (a fellow BFer and all round top bloke) called to inform me of an avocet in the East Mainland. I know many of you in Englandshire and other parts are probably fed up of seeing avocets now - here in Orkney they are a huge rarity (the last record being some 12 years ago) so this delicate little bird has caused quite a stir.
So my next large painting will be - answers on a postcard . . .
Here are some drawings made from the car.

Attachments

• MillS1.jpg
    MillS1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 161
  • MillS2.jpg
    MillS2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 154
  • MillS3.jpg
    MillS3.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 140
  • MillS4.jpg
    MillS4.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 155
  • MillS5.jpg
    MillS5.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 163
Nice one Tim iv just been to millsands for a wee twitch. Didnt get mutch in the way of photos tho. never mind being there is whats important and id have missed it with out your prompt. Thanks again. Next drinks on me!

Great lively sketches Tim. Great subjects, always been a rarity for me, when in Ireland had 6 birds together in Dublin once for 10 days, was a real treat. Rare around Stockholm too!
Look forward to the paintings!!All the best for now...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back