• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cameralandny reputable? (1 Viewer)

I agree with all the above - Cameraland NY is wonderful! Doug and Neal are top notch and so is their service! Can't recommend them enough!

That would be brilliant! Weird, but brilliant! (Like that movie with Frank Sinatra where three de-mobbed GI´s put a dollar bill each in a lampshade in a bar and agree to meet there ten years later....or something....)

Now I'm upset. I ordered a pair of binoculars from them recently. I got a picture but no hat. :(

I think it depends on the brand too as the hats are brand specific: I had a Nikon one (bright yellow logo on the side ... not good). And a couple of Zeiss ones (with a much calmer blue logo).

I think it depends on the brand too as the hats are brand specific: I had a Nikon one (bright yellow logo on the side ... not good). And a couple of Zeiss ones (with a much calmer blue logo).

It was a pair of Swarovskis. They were demo models so maybe the cheap price meant no hat.

Chad

Kevin you are probably right. Mine was a vortex and the hat had vortex on it too.

I got a Nikon HGL compact, and no hat. And I got a Vortex, and no hat. But hey, I paid for binoculars, and got great binos at great prices, and great advice and service. I have lots of hats.
I haven´t been to NYC since 1984, when I worked in a club not far from Cameraland. I think it´s time I rectified this ommission.

Testfreaks is an internet ratings site that also links up with internet pricing. Seems like the ratings are mostly a big joke as the #4 rated bino is a pair of $25 Tascos and the #1 top rated is the Nikon Trailblazer. So much for Alphas.;)

I got a can of coffee with my last order...first time I call them,for some reason I got Doug on His Cell phone running errands..sounds strange but He answered the phone,I asked about a scope I wanted to buy,and He said that He was running errands and that He will call me as soon As He would be Able..He called me a while later!...I was quite surprised about that, being more used to some ,quite Rude,NY sales people..

Not sure I´m with you there, Treesitter. Cameraland is in Manhattan. They are a top-notch company. Who exactly are "Testfreaks"?

Treesitter is a far eastern forum spambot (Indian I.P. address), that crept through...Our apologies

cheers,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back