• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon10d image quality (1 Viewer)

peteh

Hello

After looking at Nigel blakes recent post on the 1ds image quality, it got me wondering what the 10d is like.
Does anyone have an original photo (downsized of course :) and then a cropped version that they could post?
ta
Pete.

Pete,

About a third of my postings to the gallery have been taken with a Canon 10d, see my gallery if you are interested. I have posted an large number of pictures at www.pbase.com/dlee, again about a third of the "recent" photos are taken with the d10.

peteh said:
Hi,
Thanks for that, nice pictures you have too but what I was looking for was an original full frame pic and then a closer cropped version.
Exactly like what Nigel Blake did on this post with the 1ds.
http://birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=10518

Thanks again
Pete.
Hi Pete,
Here is an image from a 10D with a 1:1 cropping. It is not fair to compare it with Nigel's image as this was taken as a raw image & then sharpened in photoshop (then cropped), from a 10D + 500 lens + 1.4x convertor loosely supported on a fencepost by a crap photographer. ;) It gives a rough idea of the detail but gives images nowhere near as detailed as a 1Ds. The 10D has a better noise filter than the 1Ds & therefore copes better in low light situations. Hope this helps -if not I'll see if I can find a better image to post when I get home (this one is on my work computer).

Attachments

• Whooper1.jpg
    Whooper1.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 256
  • Whooper2.jpg
    Whooper2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 272
Thanks Steve, thats exactly what I was looking for! :)

(I wasnt looking for a comparison against the 1ds though. That would be like comparing Everton to Real Madrid.)
heh

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back