• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New field studies (2 Viewers)

spizaetos

Since I haven't been present here for a long -long time, I thought
it was about time to refresh my presence hoping to upload new work
as often as I can...
I'm glad that Tim(Wootton) and other "old beans" are still around , giving to this Forum its outstanding reputation!
This time I'd love to share with you few new studies from captive birds and animals, done a week ago in Saxony..

Attachments

• Red Kite.jpg
    Red Kite.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 498
  • Rotfeder1.jpg
    Rotfeder1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Ziesel.jpg
    Ziesel.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 373
  • Ziesel 1.jpg
    Ziesel 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 337
  • Weißstorch.jpg
    Weißstorch.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 433
I'm going to chip in with a 'stunning!' before anyone else gets the chance. Work of this standard deserves that and more.

Mike

Great stuff as usual Dougalis - like the fish and the feeding squirrely beastie is fab! Just returned from 4 days in Munich...that's a nice city you've got there - if I see another massive glass of beer again it'll be too soon...well, maybe ;) !!

Great stuff as usual Dougalis - like the fish and the feeding squirrely beastie is fab! Just returned from 4 days in Munich...that's a nice city you've got there - if I see another massive glass of beer again it'll be too soon...well, maybe ;) !!

I'm with Adam on the fish and the feeding what? It looks a bit like a chipmunk without the stripes. All very enjoyable.

Thank you all for your kind comments!
Ulrike ,viele Grüße aus München!
Adam, in case you are planning to visit Munich again just give me a call
(details on my Website..) It would be great to meet eachother and why not,
to drink a "Weißbier" together :)
The small rodent is a european ground squirrel,also known as a european souslik.
Attached now a couple of new works done today morning in Munich zoo.
A rather detailed portrait as well a quick sketch of a displaying Great cormorant ...

Attachments

• Great cormorant.jpg
    Great cormorant.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 419
  • Great cormorant display.jpg
    Great cormorant display.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 287
Excellent lighting captured on the Cormorant - and I'm sure I'll be visiting Munich again (my friend works there now) so would be excellent to meet up! We went and spent a day up around Zugspitze....fab views and cheeky Alpine Choughs stealing food from the tables too!

Oh, I think, I've never been to the Munich Zoo, but I've been to Munich quite often.

Good idea for next time...

Ulrike O:)

I'm grateful to all of you!
Thank you!!
Since I had such positive replies to Cormorant drawing, I hope to make
the same good impression posting this Siberian Eagle owl..
Painted on location today morning in Munich zoo..

Attachments

• siberian eagle owl 1.jpg
    siberian eagle owl 1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 399
the only thing I don't like about this is - I can't do it! Wow. I've never been comfortable with birds close to, I see so much more that it really 'blocks' my flow. This is just simply stunning.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back