• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon 7D & Elements 8 (1 Viewer)

andy70437

Hi,
Have had my 7D some time now and Elements 8 but today tried the MRaw and discovered that Elements does not recognise the "format" !
Any help appreciated in pointing me towards a download that can "cure" this problem.
Thanks,
Andy

Hi,
Got the download and then I must be completely "follow the instructions" blind !
As much as I look I cannot find any of the file locations where they are supposed to be. Not even the first location !
Surely there must be an easier way for non geeks !
Thanks for the help pointing me to adobe down loads.
Andy

Hi,
Got the download and then I must be completely "follow the instructions" blind !
As much as I look I cannot find any of the file locations where they are supposed to be. Not even the first location !
Surely there must be an easier way for non geeks !
Thanks for the help pointing me to adobe down loads.
Andy

Did you follow these instructions:

To install with Adobe Photoshop Elements:
NOTE: You must follow all of the new instructions in order to successfully install the Camera Raw Plug-in for Photoshop Elements.

1. Exit Photoshop Elements

2. Open the download file and double-click CameraProfiles.exe and follow the on-screen instructions

3. Open My Computer

4. Double-click Local Disk (C:)

5. Navigate to the location designated by your version of Photoshop Elements: (Please read directory carefully)

5b. Photoshop Elements 8.0: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\Elements 8\File Formats\

6. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

7. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in (latest), Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 5.

8. Launch Photoshop Elements.

Let me know if you still need help.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back