• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Honey Buzzard or lack of. (1 Viewer)

barontan2418

United Kingdom
With what looks like the demise of Wykeham as a reliable Honey Buzzard view point last season and probably 2017 also, can anybody PM me with what might be a suitable wooded skyline to monitor in the Lake district. I've been viewing HB from Wykeham raptor viewpoint for over 20 years and I'm sad to have had to come to the above conclusion. I've been a member of Birdforum since its conception and my early posts covered six years of monitoring Hen Harriers for what was then English Nature. Just in case anybody doubts my motives. many thanks.

It may be worth trying the road up to Whinlatter visitor centre. Part way up the hill from Braithwaite there is a sizable pull off/car park on the right hand side of the road with good views over the woodland.

At least one Honey Buzzard being seen with great regularity from Wykeham Forest Viewpoint so far this year, but not seen/reported everyday, which is not unusual for this species.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back