• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Alpha warranty (1 Viewer)

Mulga

Hello all,

I am in the market for some high end binoculars and was thinking of purchasing from the USA. High end binoculars are overpriced here in Australia with a pair of new Swarovision EL's selling between AUD$3200 - $3600. With the Aussie dollar almost hitting parity with the USD I was thinking of making some savings and mail ordering from the USA.

The big sticking point for me is the warranty. Would anyone know if the Swaro or Leica warranty be vald for me here in Australia?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dan

Ps. this is my first post, great forum :t:

Dan,
This is a hazy area, an unusual situation, and no place for speculation. Purchasing outside your home country seems to blur into "grey market" territory, where warranties are known to be worthless. I think you should get this clarified by both the dealer and the manufacturer, and make hard copies of their promises.

You will achieve instant stardom here if purchasing the Swarovision is your first issue. Why couldn't you just be trying to find replacement eyecups for a dreary old Bushnell Insta-Focus, like a good newbie is supposed to do, huh? Just kidding, welcome to the forum!
Ron

Welcome to the forum. Be aware that you have to pay sustoms on them. Also, any repairs you send out yopu have to prove you own them, otherwise you will pay the customs again.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back