• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (1 Viewer)

Id say Eric Ennion had hacked your account if I didnt know better, or just how talented you are. I cant decide between the two, utterly wonderful, both of them. A slice of magic from Orkney. Where all this will lead excites me greatly, your mastering this medium rapidly...

Have to agree with Alan. But why is that rabbit/hare staring at me?

Id say Eric Ennion had hacked your account if I didnt know better, or just how talented you are. I cant decide between the two, utterly wonderful, both of them. A slice of magic from Orkney. Where all this will lead excites me greatly, your mastering this medium rapidly...

Or Talbot-Kelly got some really zinging colour into his work. Fabulous.

Many thanks.

A scene from last week; lunchtime walk around Outertown and down to Warebeth takes me past one of my favourite little patches of Orkney. It's a triangle of uncultivated meadow, wet and rich in ladies' smock and marsh marigold where several pairs of redshank, lapwings and this single pair of mallard breed. I watched from a distance as the duck left her nest and slinked away from the site, sliding on her belly inconspicuous and wary.
The lapwings just carried on . . .

Attachments

• 001 (800x593) (640x474).jpg
    001 (800x593) (640x474).jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 87
effin' nice - got one on the boil with grass and dandelions in it - will probably have a bash at it tonight. Need to get my grass as lush as this - there are yellow wags in it - they deserve lushness - so spill, what's the secret!

effin' nice !

I always go back and forth between preferring these and the more classic Wootton watercolors. I often tend toward the more classic style. But this time I just can't resist the 'slice of life' that this offers up. Quite an accomplishment, a pleasure to view, and I'm sure one that Eric Ennion would thoroughly appreciate!

Golden Brown

Not any sort of drug, you understand - just a hare and curlew with a small group pof golden plovers. Sharpie and wash - 16"x12"

Attachments

• golden brown small.jpg
    golden brown small.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 88
How do you do it?! Those poses are wonderful.........the curlew scratching the side of his head is just so expressive.

this one hurts to see - so good. Make sure you put this one in for anything that has prizes. Hares and Waders have become almost a cliché now, David Bennet's done it, James McCallum's done it, even I've done it (though my mammals look more like they came from an abbatoir). But this is fresh and new, a flock of golden plover with all the elements of their environment - the wing-stretching bird commands the scene amongst its giant neighbours. You may bow while I applaud now.

(you'd think living in France, I would know how to spell 'abattoir'!)

...But this is fresh and new, a flock of golden plover with all the elements of their environment - the wing-stretching bird commands the scene amongst its giant neighbours. You may bow while I applaud now.

Incredibly full of life and absolutely believable. I'd be very happy with this one Tim. Actually I'd be very happy with this one on my wall! The recent work of yourself and Nick remind me of how nature/wildlife/bird art can stand up to the best art of any type.

That last one makes me want to buy a sharpie ( just googled it ) but I wont bother Ill just enjoy you lively works of art :king:

I dream of such simplicity coming together for me. Though it's been so long since I've seen any auks, they'd look absolutely hideous from my hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back