• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

SWLA 2012, at the Mall Galleries, London. (1 Viewer)

Peewit

Once a bird lover ... always a bird lover
hi there

OH and I will attend the SWLA Art Galleries this year as per usual - Thursday 1st November 2012, until Sunday 11th November 2012

http://www.mallgalleries.org.uk/index.php?pid=2&subid=115

We have not made up our minds what day yet - so it under debate at the moment.

The first weekend in November 2012 sounds ideal for us at the moment for the date 'Saturday 3rd November 2012

Anyone else attending that day?

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Nice. Thanks for flagging this up. I will be in London on the 3rd for the BENHS Exhibition so I shall pop into this one too.

Regards,
Andrew.

I'll be at the Mall Galleries signing books on the 8th - (the very first advance copies of The Unfeathered Bird) so if anyone can't decide which day to go, why not come along then?

I'll be at the Mall Galleries signing books on the 8th - (the very first advance copies of The Unfeathered Bird) so if anyone can't decide which day to go, why not come along then?

This was a good exhibition with many paintings and a few sculptures on show. It was a bit too bird orientated but all enjoyable. Worth visiting if you happen to be in the Admiralty Arch area of London.

I was at the Mall Gallery on Saturday (10th) morning, and I really enjoyed the exhibition. It seemed a lot more busier than usual with added space for more art exhibits on show.

I agree Andrew, that it was bird orientated this year over other wildlife. :t:

A lot of pictures had already sold over and over again - well done to all involved.

It came across to me that there was a lot more new unfamilar names on show this year, and couple of the familar ones missing.

The junior section was well portrayed also, and have to be mentioned on their merit alone. I loved one of the Kingfisher photos, and it won a prize as it should have done.

I bought a print of the 'bum-barrel' Long Tail Tit painting. Sadly the framed copies where not available, so we settled for a print instead. We are also thinking of buying one of the bronze 'perched' Wrens on show as they where just beautiful. The way the bird sat with its pert little tail was very endearing.

Loved the 'chicken wire effect of the big cat head' centred in the middle of one of the rooms. I see that paper mache was used to portray some of the paintings - loved that effect!!!!

Well done Tim, Nick and all the artists from this Forum. I loved your Turnstones Nick and your Eiders, Tim.... a definate favourite for me and my OH. I placed my personal vote too on my favourite artist ;)

Looking forward to next year now.

Regards
Kathy
x

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed the show Kathy, next year take a screwdriver with you, I give you personal permission to steal anything you like of mine. :) Glad that one of mine has found a new home: the Mistle Thrushes and Waxwings that are in Tim's book.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back