• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does anyone know when the new Springwatch venue will be announced? (1 Viewer)

It would have been nice to see Springwatch this year come from a Wildlife Trust reserve and also further north in the UK such as Northern England, Scotland or Northern Ireland as there are just as good wildlife areas in the North as well as Southern areas. I know they have been to Scotland for Autumnwatch and Winterwatch. But Springwatch is the main series as it lasts for 3 weeks and it would have been nice from somewhere further North.
Ian.
Totally agree, a Highland location would've been better, somewhere with a bit more wildlife.
Not convinced the National Trust are always such great custodians of the countryside either, as you live in the NE you'll be aware of the developments at Gibside Estate, which I don't think do much for landscape or wildlife. I enjoy going to Wallington and Cragside on occasion, but do so on a NT for Scotland membership card, as I don't want to contribute to the building of massive car parks in the countryside.

For the first time ever, I feel no excitement for a Springwatch, Autumnwatch or Winterwatch series, at this new venue of the National Trusts Sherbourne Estate. I don't know why I feel like that. It maybe because I don't know much about this Estate. But in the past I've always felt excited about a new venue, but not this time.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back