• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

German Breeding Bird Atlas Illustrations (1 Viewer)

spizaetos

Oh my flippin God...these are tremendous....!!!!!!:eek!:

What an absolute joy....[and i've only scrolled down to the kittiwakes thus far]....!

Incredible work.....:t::t::t:

They are all fantastic....my favs so far being the Blackbird and Tree Pipit...

Think i'm gonna have to buy the book....:cat:

Thank you both a lot!
Adam, they are of a DIN A4 size ( 21X 29,5 cm) each.
The interesting in this project was that it has been financed
by private sponcors....

Paschalis

Herewith I'd like to invite you all to visit the following website
http://stiftung-vogelmonitoring.de/index.php?cat=yourhelp&subcat=spons_adebar&subsubcat=gesamt
I was commisioned to illustrate 311 bird species which breed or bred
in the past in Germany and took me two years of intense work to complete the pictures.

The Book is expected to be published by the beginn of next year.
Just make click on each of them to see them magnified..
and hope you'll enjoy...

wahnsinn toll

there's a sort of collective power at work- somehow each individual panel gains xtra strength from the presence of equally masterful images above and below

currently most enjoying the W-b Woodpecker with spread of trees behind and the Wallcreeper

What an accomplishment! I only got down through the Bs so far, but what a treat. I particularly like what I think is Bonnelli's Warbler, and also the Wood Ducks. There's something about the movement of water in front of the female that adds quite a bit to it.

Obviously something to be digested over a great deal of time. I can see why it required intense work!

What an astonishing body of work! Page straight into my favourites and please let us know when and where we can get the book.

Mike

Enormous ,gorgeous work!
You have the feeling that you can touch them and fondle them!
Thank you,Paschalis!

just spent an hour over there and didn't even begin to see it all OMG what a huge undertaking and even bigger success. What strikes me over all is your beautiful sense of light and especially your way of catching the reflected lights that give your birds a sculptural sense. BRAVO! WELL DONE! and how inspiring to a beginner like me.

and the simple Amsel is one of my all time favourite bird paintings, don't know why but it always just stops me in my tracks

Last edited:
so glad I popped back in to have another look, I hadn't seen the crossbills last time. WOW, WOW, WOW!

A superb body of work by any standards. After seeing them I'm seriously considering going into 'retirement' from bird illustration!

LL

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back