• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lanius algeriensis?? (2 Viewers)

Saw this Shrike today ( appologize for the pics but it was very long distance) windy and getting dark... I could se no white obove the Black mask and as you can se, the head was darker then the rest of the bird it also has a peach colored breast !!! i really could need some help here ... forgott to tell that it was seen in Portugal / Algarve / Portimao flod delta...

Attachments

• varfågel fråga bakifrån.jpg
    varfågel fråga bakifrån.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 103
  • varfågel Fråga.jpg
    varfågel Fråga.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 100
  • varfågel frågeteck.jpg
    varfågel frågeteck.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Contrast between head and other upperparts is interesting but it's hard to be sure from anything as pics are this bad - sorry :)

I saw the bird for a long time so if you have any questions ! what caught my eye was the dark head / lighter body (almost peach breast) no white over the black mask, it was what i could feel quite small... there was almost no white wing mark!!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back