• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Water birds id help pls. Goa, India (1 Viewer)

satyachil

Tally ho!
1. juvenile striated heron? (river side)
2. Temminck's stint? Dunlin? (river side)
3.Marsh sandpiper? (river side)
4. Western Reef egret? (beach)

Attachments

• DSCN4142 copy.JPG
    DSCN4142 copy.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCN4151 copy.JPG
    DSCN4151 copy.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCN4273 copy.JPG
    DSCN4273 copy.JPG
    356.7 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN4321 copy.JPG
    DSCN4321 copy.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 43
1 Green Heron
4 Western Reef Egret

A

Andy i believe the green Heron is available only in North and Central America while this was taken in India. But the Striated Heron seems to be closely related to the Green Heron so perhaps striated heron id is correct?
Thanks for the confirmation on the western reef egret.

Andy i believe the green Heron is available only in North and Central America while this was taken in India. But the Striated Heron seems to be closely related to the Green Heron so perhaps striated heron id is correct?
Thanks for the confirmation on the western reef egret.

You're right of course, I confuse the two and was too lazy to check the book!

A

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back