• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What glass did you almost buy: the cold feet issue. (1 Viewer)

Wow! What an aerial display that must have been. I'd like to see that someday. I've seen a few eagles but never interacting. The closest I've gotten is about 40 ft. when one swooped down to pick up a fish left out by the keeper of the fishery close to wear a male/female pair have a nest. She was waiting a long time for it, and she thought I had left the fishery but I faked going to my car and doubled back behind the generator shed and got a good look at her (female, noticeably larger than the male) with my 10x42 SE.

Yes, lots of Blue Jays and woodpeckers in my backyard - downy, red-bellied, flickers, and occasionally "Rodan" (Pileated). I can always tell when Rodan has been to visit, because the entire suet cake gets devoured in one day.

Creamsicle and Sambo are on tethered harnesses. They can't attack a bird unless one buzzes right over the heads, which occasionally the Blue Jays do just to annoy the cats. But they are too slow to catch them.

My block and two others were rezoned "mixed suburban" (a way for the township to "spot zone" and get away with it). There's an empty lot in back that will eventually be turned into student housing, and my quiet bird sanctuary will be no more.

Instead of bird calls, I'll be listening to the Japandroids, Death Grips, and Punch Brothers at jacked up volume. Ugh.

b.

Wow sounds like you have a pet pileated wood pecker. They are rare here but very nice. That is awesome.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back