• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

11th Meeting of Binoculars History Society (1 Viewer)

ZEN-RAY

I mentioned this in the list of optics event thread. But I figure it's probably better to start a thread of its own. If you are into binoculars collection, don't miss the opportunity to meet some of the best experts in this field from the world, such as Jack Kelly, Peter Abrahams.

Meeting Announcement
The 11th meeting of the Binocular History Society
September 3-6, 2010
Hilton Hotel and Conference Center
Vancouver, Washington (USA not Canada)

It's a great opportunity to meet a diverse group of expert collectors, restorers and historians of binoculars from all over the world. On site, you will see the largest vintage Nikon binoculars collection, including 180mm binoculars mounted on the Japanese naval ships during WW2. You will also get to see Jack Kelly's wide variety of vintage binoculars collection: Busch, Goerz, Hensoldt, Leica, Zeiss, Nikon. The guest speakers include: Jack Kelly, Peter Abrahams, Jürgen Laucher, et al.

Please contact Jack Kelly ([email protected]) to reserve your place. Do not miss this opportunity (especially if you are from Pacific NW :)) to see some of the world’s most scenic country through some of the most historic binoculars ever made.

Thanks

Charles

Attachments

• BHS Vancouver Birders Announcement August 6.pdf
    147.7 KB · Views: 707
I sure wish I could go to that but my September is filled each weekend running my dogs in field trials, culminating the last weekend at the Golden retriever national Specialty FT in Colorado. I want to see those WWII Japanese Naval behemoths!

Nice Charles. If they had an east coast convention I would certainly attend. I would love to learn more about the history of binoculars and get to handle/look at some of the older models.

Nice Charles. If they had an east coast convention I would certainly attend. I would love to learn more about the history of binoculars and get to handle/look at some of the older models.

I am sure it will eventually rotate to east coast one day. I will check with BHS and find out their future conference schedule.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back