• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2013 (1 Viewer)

A couple more hopefully headed towards the SOC Show next month.
A revisit to the Gyr Falcon and a somewhat more mundane, but no less interesting, scene whilst waiting for Edie to come out of school.
'Sunlit Gyr' watercolour, 22"x17" and 'Wigeon & Black-headed gulls', Conte and watercolour, 40"x22"

Attachments

• gyr lit small.JPG
    gyr lit small.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 124
  • wigeon & black-heads (800x466).jpg
    wigeon & black-heads (800x466).jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 145
Stunning watercolours Tim! Everyone of them a treasure of its own..

Paschalis

Very much so, what a show this will be. Your group scenes are quite incredible and the latest Wigeon and BH Gulls is nothing short of inspiring. What a painting that is, you must be very happy with that.

I find the comparisons between this and the sharpied Ringed Plovers really great. Both approaches gave their merit, which these two pieces demonstrate perfectly.

Catching up on the thread again, and am blown away as usual! I always marvel at your ability to compose and execute the group paintings - inspirational. Paintings with just a single bird are hard enough for me, let alone trying to do a flock of them in a single painting half-decently. Sure would love to be able to see your show in person.

Very much so, what a show this will be. Your group scenes are quite incredible and the latest Wigeon and BH Gulls is nothing short of inspiring. What a painting that is, you must be very happy with that.

Have to echo Alan. It should be a great show, and let's hope some sales as well. It's a real dilemma trying to figure out which of the last two I like best.

I'm parting with several large-scale illustrations which I made for interpretative media and other such uses. They are listed on 'a well known auction site', and I'll be proffering a few in the Classifieds section here on BF.
Here's my personal favourite from many years grinding them out :) -

Attachments

• winter meadow(800x563).jpg
    winter meadow(800x563).jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 168
I'm parting with several large-scale illustrations which I made for interpretative media and other such uses. They are listed on 'a well known auction site', and I'll be proffering a few in the Classifieds section here on BF.
Here's my personal favourite from many years grinding them out :) -

Stunning bit of illustration Tim, sure it will move for you.

How I would love for you to take on a large scale, mixed scene like this in a similar vein to your recent watercolour and conte approach;)

I like the sense of depth with the shading on the Redshank. The interpretative board picture is wonderful as well.

Cheers Tony - I was just about to say the int. panel was headed towards you down under, then I noticed your signature. Glad to see you're back on your feet - for a while anyway :t:

a few recent piecees which are heading towards the show in Aberlady (well one isn't now, cos it just sold tonight).

Attachments

• goldcrest sharpie (800x561).jpg
    goldcrest sharpie (800x561).jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 118
  • wigquart (571x800).jpg
    wigquart (571x800).jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 123
  • tealsketch (800x520).jpg
    tealsketch (800x520).jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Ebbing Tide, wigeon  (800x441).jpg
    Ebbing Tide, wigeon (800x441).jpg
    245 KB · Views: 124
a few recent piecees which are heading towards the show in Aberlady (well one isn't now, cos it just sold tonight).

the wigeon series has been such a great treat, thoroughly individual birds and all that fading and merging of edges

and I'm getting used to being outbid in the ebay bargain frenzy!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back