• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (1 Viewer)

Looking forward to the watercolor version...although this is a fine piece in its own right. The medium gives it a nice graphic quality in addition to the bold colors. Actually from what I've seen, I'm convinced you never produce a clunker - every piece coming out of your mind and fingers is a winner, regardless of the medium!

this is already a proper picture - fantastic scene of oyks full of little movements in a tranquil scene.

Interesting to see if this now translates into the softer approach of watercolour . . .

I'm looking forward to seeing the results Tim. I'm sure that this 'sharpie' experience is going to translate one way or the other into watercolor. I like what you say on your blog, and maybe here as well since I can't remember that far back, about how the sharpie forces you into a slightly different approach. Seems to me that always brings good results and I'm willing to bet it will here as well. And as everyone else has said these are also great in their own right. They really seem to accentuate the dynamism of the scene.

I was taking a few of the week's sketches with a view to making a largish watercolour - the composition needed addressing somewhat and the marker pen was an obvious choice. One the drawing was made, it seemed only natural to add a bit of colour. Interesting to see if this now translates into the softer approach of watercolour . . .
I hope it does then you have the perfect excuse to make a lot more...oh honey these are just sketches working out some compositions

I really like them all!

In what's becoming a bit of a habit now, this is a piece to blow out a few commission-cobwebs. I'm fnding much to like in the sharpie approach - not specifically the results, but the process itself is proving to be quite theraputic and expressive. Maybe there is a road down which to travel here. . . .

Attachments

• waxpen.jpg
    waxpen.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 141
In what's becoming a bit of a habit now, this is a piece to blow out a few commission-cobwebs. I'm fnding much to like in the sharpie approach - not specifically the results, but the process itself is proving to be quite theraputic and expressive. Maybe there is a road down which to travel here. . . .

The best to date, the rest were brilliant. This should be published in my opinion. Theraputic just to look at, a Stunning piece of work in every way...

Marvelous, Tim! Therapeutic for us viewers as well, certainly. As soon as I looked at this image, the waxwings came alive with activity in this image. Wonderful!

Much too kind - but thank you anyway.
As I still had some sketchbooks out, an idea for a composition germinated - now I'd better get on with some paid work;

Attachments

• eiderloafers.jpg
    eiderloafers.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 147
Obviously these can't be PAID work because it looks like Tim is having too much fun;);) But in my book that's always a sign of the very best art. A pleasure to see, and a style that's just in time for the influx of migrants.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back