• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uq's scribbles (2 Viewers)

Nice job on the Ring-necked Duck drake! They are quite common around my area in the winter. Smews, on the other hand, would be really nice to see here...which we don't.

A pencil drawing after a long break. That's bit annoying (but also educational) that after taking a photo of your drawing there are so many impurities and flaws which show out so clearly, but are not visible in the actual drawing. Now i have to go over the drawing once more to get some lines and patterns corrected.

cheers
Uq

Attachments

• FRETRO-1.4..2012-SL-038.jpg
    FRETRO-1.4..2012-SL-038.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 77
Re-defined old Black-bellied Storm Petrel and did the same bird also in acrylics (pretty mish-mashed as i'm still uncomfortable with colours).

Pom Skua is one of my fave birds, so scribbled this one as well.

cheers
Uq

Attachments

• fretro-maal-web.jpg
    fretro-maal-web.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 79
  • fregetta.jpg
    fregetta.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 56
  • stepom-ab.jpg
    stepom-ab.jpg
    303.9 KB · Views: 65
You certainly don't look uncomfortable with colour, the colour piece is definitely my favourite. Nice work!

Mike

Grey Phal on misty surface

cheers,
Uq

just been having a browse through- this one really catches the eye, the way you have the body

-high in the water and

- really shaped, without using a whole lot of shadow

PS- and I had missed the Ring-necked Duck with Smew: brilliant!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back