• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Montreal Bird Sighting - Need Help with ID (1 Viewer)

sundance1

Hi every body ....this is my first post.
The last 3 years my son and I have started to keep a list of birds that visit our feeder.
We live about 45 minutes north of Montreal in the Laurentians, in town called St Sauveur.

This weekend ( April 30th ) we found a bird at our feeder that we have never seen before and can't identify.
It probably is quite a common bird but if anyone could identify it for us it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fred & son.

Attachments

• IMG_2637_1.JPG
    IMG_2637_1.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 162
Wow....I would have thought the brilliant yellow stripes above its eyes it would have somehow made it into its name..white throated sparrow it is.
thanks

sundance1 said:
Wow....I would have thought the brilliant yellow stripes above its eyes it would have somehow made it into its name..white throated sparrow it is.
thanks

No problem, I only knew myself cuz I just saw my first recently.

sundance1 said:
thanks

The yellow lores are more prominent in some White-throateds than others - yours has some of the most prominent I've ever seen!

White-Throated Sparrow. Comes in a tan stripe version that can get you scratching your head. Look for the yellow lores, that's the key.

Alison

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back