• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wootton Art 2013 (1 Viewer)

A couple of stages into this latest large piece. Getting a bit stressed now as a large One-Man show looms . . . .

Attachments

• oil prog 1 (800x599).jpg
    oil prog 1 (800x599).jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 93
  • oil prog 2 (800x596).jpg
    oil prog 2 (800x596).jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 132
Wow, wow , wow Tim!

This is stunningggg! You are definitely the "Waxwing" man!
There is nothing to be compared with your waxwing paintings!

Paschalis

mighty Waxworks- there must be 10,000 super close-up pics of Waxwing on the web and none of them evokes the spirit of Wax like one of your paints

. . . final couple of stages for the waxwings pic.

Attachments

• wax 3 (800x600).jpg
    wax 3 (800x600).jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 83
  • wax fin (800x600).jpg
    wax fin (800x600).jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 101
This is magnificent Tim! You did paint so many waxwing pictures, I love them all,
but this stands out of all of them.It`s about composition, anatomical correctness, light and form, and at least to know when to stop.

Paschalis

Absolutely superb Tim, as Ed K says you've captured the Waxwings to perfection.

Just noticed this is my 2000th post on here, glad it's regarding something positive:t:

Last edited:
I'll permit myself (as we say in France) to declare those that didn't want the harrier arses, and I shall not be persuaded otherwise, and please, there are other artists that would love to be masters or even half masters of waxwings, please give us some! (don't forget one of my waxwing pics is in your book for feck's sake!!!) (desperate for Bombycilla in France - Nick xxx)

I rather like that Tim, hope we can get back up to Orkney in the Motorhome this year, I'll need to visit your gallery.

ATB

The Gyr and hare piece certainly is an interesting juxtaposition of species - and of course very well done as usual.

Waxwings are breathtaking, composition is strong and original, love the sense of place in the hares and birds. you have truly mastered your subject matter and your craft.

words fail me Tim - all absolutely stunning work...love the waxwings and the white gyr - agree with Nick's remark about the harrier painting client too!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back